v1.5 Is Here
v1.5 Is Finally Here
After some time the 1.5 update for Aether is finally ready! This major update has a few new files and a lot to go over, so let me get through a list of the basics and then the rules changes. With regards to the files and broader changes that have been made you'll find:
- Spreads and Pages pdfs for viewing in landscape or portrait mode. Both are completely bookmarked and have hyperlinks in-text.
- Brand new layout (done by yours truly).
- New 1.5 character sheet to reflect the trimmed down character mechanics.
- New Player Cheat Sheet so that new players have an easier time remembering the basics
- New Encounter Sheet so that narrators can run entire encounters with one page front and back.
- Encounter and Player sheets are form-fillable.
Most of these are quality of life improvements for the game, though there are a number of changes to the rules:
- Core resolution is heavily simplified compared to V1.4, now opting for a Failure/Partial Success/Success scale without the math of previous versions.
- Rules have been reordered so that they are easier to understand. Game terms come before the core rules so that first time readers don't have to question what things mean.
- Character generation has been simplified, combining duplicated mechanics from previous versions (such as Omens and Destinies) into singular streamlined mechanics (Now there's only Omens).
- New unified encounter rules, meaning you only need to learn one set of rules to run any kind of encounter.
- Improved player ability creator and explanations, with 80 included sample abilities for players to use and change as they see fit.
- A trimmed down and improved creature creator, with new statblocks that even separate abilities by turn in combat.
- Flow charts for completing a skill check and completing a turn in combat.
Most of these changes seem small on paper, but you'll hopefully find that they create for a much more enjoyable experience in play and during game prep. I hope you all enjoy Aether's latest update!
Get Aether: A Heroic Fantasy RPG
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.